Annual General Meeting 2021
The 17th Annual General Meeting of Sri Lanka Association of Professional Conference, Exhibition and Event Organisers (SLAPCEO) was successfully held on 30th June 2021 at 3.00 p.m. enabling and encouraging virtual attendance due to the uncertainty and potential health risks posed by the COVID-19 pandemic. A new committee had been appointed under a new leadership, to work for the betterment of the MICE industry.
At the AGM, the new office bearers were appointed as follows;
- President – Mr. Imran Hassan (Managing Director/CEO, CDC Events & Travels Pvt Ltd)
- Vice President – Ms. Janice Hakel-Ranasinghe (Managing Director, Kairos Events & Weddings)
- Secretary – Ms. Nadeeka Leeniyagoda (Manager, Aitken Spence Conventions & Exhibitions)
- Treasurer – Dr. Shaffaath Amidon (Managing Director, M&S Travel Solutions)
- Immediate Past President – Mr. Nalin Ariyaratne (General Manager, Jetwing Events Pvt Ltd)
These office bearers are supported by a dedicated team of committee members who are professionals representing member companies from the industry.
- Mr. Aasim Mukthar – Lanka Exhibition and Conference Services Pvt Ltd
- Mr. Nadun Egodage – Beyond Boundaries Global Pvt Ltd
- Ms. Esther Goonatillake – Columbus Tours Pvt Ltd
- Ms. Devanthi Ambuldeniya – BMICH
In the occasion, Mr. Imran Hassan, the new president of SLAPCEO thanked the previous leadership team and the committee for their contribution given to the industry. Also, he stated that it’s the best time for Sri Lanka to strategically focus on being ready to open up to this industry and the newly appointed committee will be working strategically to achieve the objectives.