established in 2002
Sri Lanka Association of Professional Conference, Exhibition & Event Organisers (SLAPCEO) was established in 2002 with a view of developing the MICE industry in Sri Lanka.
Today SLAPCEO is the only Association in Sri Lanka that represents the MICE industry and the only recognized body by the Sri Lanka Convention Bureau.
SLAPCEO follows a stringent process in selecting its membership to ensure a high degree of professionalism is maintained within the society and same is passed on to the betterment of the industry.
To lead the MICE industry in creating a brand that sets us apart in the region for MICE Tourism
Infusing passion and innovation with practical in-depth training to equip and inspire MICE ambassadors at multiple levels in Sri Lanka.
SLAPCEO members are committed to a continuous quality assessment process throughout their membership.
Scope of the Association
To bring the private sector stakeholders of the MICE industry and to create a platform where industry objectives are driven. Along with that to assist the government sector MICE stakeholders; Government Ministries, Authorities and Departments and particularly with Sri Lanka Convention Bureau (SLCB), Sri Lanka Tourism Promotion Bureau, as well as Sri Lankan Airlines in policy making and contribute to the Human Resource and Infrastructure development.
- To foster the development of professional meetings, conventions, seminars and exhibitions and events of the MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions) industry in Sri Lanka.
- To liaise with local and international bodies for MICE Tourism.
- To encourage MICE tourist traffic between Sri Lanka and other countries and vice versa.
- To organize and hold meetings, incentive travel, conferences, congresses, conventions, lectures, seminars, exhibitions, events, workshops and forums for any purpose and of all types of descriptions.
- To provide advisory services on all matters relating to writing, editing, publishing and printing of marketing material in any form.
- To affiliate with any institutions local and foreign, with similar aims and objectives.
- To sponsor scholarship, studentship and fellowship programs on its own or in collaboration with other local and/or foreign institutions or trusts.
- To develop, offer and conduct professional and other training courses and sessions for its members, non-members and stakeholders.
- To involve in any capacity in infrastructure development for the furtherance of the MICE industry.